Astell&Kern AK120 Titan Portable MQS Player
Astell&Kern is the ultimate portable high-fidelity audio system capable of studio Mastering Quality Sound (MQS)
Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) is an acronym of collective lossless & high-resolution audio source formats, typically in 24-bit/44 to 192kHz of bit/sampling rates. Because MQS delivers about 6.5 times more detail than a conventional CD format (16bit/44.1kHz), listeners can enjoy a better and a more realistic sound quality.
24-bit/44 to 192kHz is the music industry norm used in the mastering process during sound production. However, the result of high resolution music files has to be compressed down to 16bit/44.1kHz so it can be stored into a single CD due to the memory storage shortcomings (~700MB). To produce the MP3 format, the high-resolution audio is compressed even further to 128 to 320kbps for the convenience of file size. These compressions remove the enormous amount of the details of the original recording because of memory storage limitations and listeners will never be able to hear the details.
AK120 DAC & Amp Creates a Dual Mono System that separates Left & Right Audio Channels
From input to output, the design of the dual Wolfson WM8740 DAC implemented in the Astell&Kern AK120 independently separates the left and right audio channels, creating a true Dual-Mono audio output system.
When the analog audio signal passes through the dual Wolfson WM8740 DAC, not only does the AK120 use the Ultralow Distortion and Noise Technology, but executes the optimal digital noise reduction technology combined into the analog amp. The dual DAC built-in to the AK120 forms a dual-monaural audio ecosystem that brings wider soundstage, channel separation, and an overall richer sound.
- Exclusive AK120 TITAN design: scratch resistant hardened anodized coating gives a sliver/titanium colored look with analog volume wheel & guard
- Dual (2) Wolfson WM8740 DAC creates a true Dual-Mono setup that gives clear channel separation, broader dynamic range and soundstage
- Use the AK120 TITAN with or as a S-PDIF or USB DAC
- Full single-layer DSD (.DSF & .DFF) playback support
- Increased internal flash memory – 128GB / 2 Micro SD card slots(64GB support per slot) -Total of 256GB of music storage space
- 14 hours of continuous audio playback
- Intuitive user interface experience combined with an integrated touchscreen & control buttons
- Includes the premium 100% genuine Italian leather case made by Buttero
- Dimensions: 2.32 x 3.5 x 0.55
- Weight: 5 oz
- DAC: Dual (2) Wolfson WM8740
- Display: 2.4 IPS Touch Screen (320×240)
- Memory: 128GB Internal Flash, Dual Micro SD Card Slots (64GB Each)
- Audio Formats: WAV/FLAC/MP3/OGG/APE/WMV/AAC/ALAC/AIFF/DSD64 (.DSF & .DFF)
- Bluetooth: 3.0/A2DP
- Output Level: 1.5V RMS
- THD+N: <0.0008%
- Signal to Noise: 113 dB
- Frequency Response: -0.02 dB/20Hz 20kHz
- Jitter: 50 PS
- Output Impedance: 3ohms