Astell&Kern AK240 Portable MQS Player
1 in stock
Astell&Kern have finally launched their fabulous new AK240 DAP / streamer.
The AK240 MQS Portable Music Player is the new flagship model in Astell&Kern’s growing range of exceptionally high-quality portable music players. This pocket-sized player and streamer offers 256GB of onboard memory, expandable via its microSD card slot to a very impressive 384GB – plenty of space to carry around your music collection at the quality it was meant to be heard in – whether DSD or 24bit or 16bit PCM – as well as the ability to stream music digitally via USB, Optical, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connections.
Its Wi-Fi capability not only allows you to stream music from your PC, laptop or media server over your local network, but also to connect directly to online music stores to download music as well as taking the pain out of updating its firmware with automatic notifications and Over-The-Air upgrades.
The AK240 features a dual-core processor which allows it to to replay your high-res files while serving up a silky smooth user interface experience with zero lag. With its huge 3.31″ AMOLED touch screen with 480×800 resolution and all-new Android-based User Interface, there is ample screen space for navigating your collection, made all the easier with a superb search feature easily accessible at the swipe of a finger.
In a move away from the Wolfson chips used in the AK100 and AK120, the AK240 houses dual Cirrus Logic 4398 DAC chips with native DSD support, meaning this portable player competes with the best full-size Hi-Fi DACs on sound as well as features while still being small enough to fit in a shirt or jacket pocket.
- 3.31″ AMOLED touch screen display with 480×800 (WVGA) resolution
- Dual Cirrus Logic CS4398 DACs in a dual-mono configuration
- Native DSD support of both DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz) and DSD128 (1bit 5.6MHz) files (DFF / DSF)
- Also supports WAV, FLAC, APE (Normal, High, Fast), ALAC, AIFF, WMA, ASF, OGG, AAC & MP3 files
- Gapless playback of all file types
- Balanced 2.5mm and unbalanced 3.5mm analogue outputs
- Optical digital output
- USB DAC via Micro-B USB input
- 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz) Wi-Fi enabled – stream music, connect directly to online hi-res music stores & receive notifications & Over-The-Air firmware upgrades
- Bluetooth v4.0
- 256GB internal memory and one microSD card slot
- 10 band touch screen EQ with 0.5dB steps
- 3,250mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Duralumin (aircraft grade aluminium alloy) & carbon fibre body
- Beautiful Minerva leather case from Badalassi Carlo
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 2.59″ (66mm) x 4.21″ (107mm) x 0.68″ (17.5mm)
- Weight: 6.5oz (185g)
|Frequency Response:||±0.023dB (20Hz~20kHz) (Unbalanced & Balanced)
±0.3dB (10Hz~70kHz) (Unbalanced & Balanced)
|Signal to Noise Ratio:||Unbalanced: 116dB @ 1kHz
Balanced: 117dB @ 1kHz
|Crosstalk:||Unbalanced: 130dB @ 1kHz
Balanced: 135dB @ 1kHz
|THD+N:||Unbalanced: 0.0007% @ 1kHz
Balanced: 0.0005% @ 1kHz
|IMD SMPTE:||Unbalanced: 0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1)
Balanced: 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1)
|Output Level:||Unbalanced: 2.1Vrms
Balanced: 2.3Vrms (No Load)
|Output Impedance:||Unbalanced: 2ohm
|Clock Jitter:||50ps (Typ)|